With the holiday season upon us, businesses at Camroad Properties’ Mesa offices, Tempe offices, and all across the valley are beginning to plan for their holiday office parties. But in a money-conscious environment, it can be challenging to plan a merry time within the limits of the budget.
Never fear, there are plenty of money-saving alternatives to ensure your office holiday party is festive and special. Try these five helpful tips to show your employees your appreciation without feeling the holiday pressure.
1. Schedule the party in the daytime. Lunch menus are generally less expensive than dinner menus at restaurants, hotel banquets, and catering companies. Scheduling in the day will not only be less expensive but more of a reward to your employees who will have a break from work to celebrate together.
2. Schedule the office holiday party in January. Following the laws of supply and demand, reservations for holiday parties during the December holidays and New Year’s rush will be harder to come by and therefore more expensive. Consider hosting the office party in the New Year to celebrate all the holidays together.
3. Have the party catered in-house. Hosting the holiday party at the office is a great way to save money on reserving space. Good food and drink away from the workstations can make for a cheerful time at the office. Moreover, consider scheduling an employee potluck. Invite your employees to prepare their favorite dishes to share, perhaps with the company providing some of the more expensive main dishes.
4. Give out drink tickets or have a cash bar. Alcohol is often the biggest expense at parties. Giving out drink tickets will work to limit the number of drinks each employee can have paid for. This also takes some of the cost off those who choose not to drink.
5. Donate to a charity instead of throwing a holiday party. Working together to provide for those in need during the holiday season is a motivational team building exercise. Find out what causes your employees are most interested in donating to and set forth in your philanthropic plan. Whether it be a toy drive or taking a day to give back to the community, this is a meaningful alternative in lieu of a holiday party or in addition to a smaller celebration.
Following these easy tips can help your business celebrate a wonderful holiday season without sacrificing enjoyment due to a tight budget. To read even more tips for your office workspace or take a look at our Tempe offices, Mesa offices or Phoenix office locations, visit us at www.camroadproperties.com!
Written by: David Robles
Image by: memzart