Whether your business is expanding or you need a change of pace and new scenery, relocating can do wonders for company growth and productivity. Once you’ve found your ideal Arizona commercial property for lease, the real fun of the actual relocation process can begin. Moving can be stressful for an individual let alone an entire business, so don’t show up on the day of the move without a plan of action.
These five tips will help to streamline the process and make relocating your business seem like a walk in the park.
1. Do your research. You’ve already done quite a bit of investigating to find your new Arizona commercial office, so it goes without saying that you should do your homework when it comes to the move as well. Look for reputable moving companies and go over the bids and contracts thoroughly. If you’re relocating your business to a different city be sure to determine any legal changes, permits and fees that may accompany the change.
2. Create a budget. Include the cost of the moving company or payment to people who help you move should you choose to do it yourself. Factor in any new office furniture and equipment you may need, the cost of new fees and permits, and be sure to allocate funds for unexpected costs that may arise.
3. Plan the logistics. Get out your calendar and plan everything that needs to be done. Allot ample time to pack and organize, physically move and to unpack. Delegate tasks to individuals so there is someone accountable for every aspect of the move, and appoint someone to oversee business operations during the relocation.
4. Stay organized when packing. As tempting as it may be, haphazardly throwing the contents of your desk into a box will not help you out in the long run. Invest the time to carefully organize, pack and label the contents of your Arizona commercial office. Create checklists of the items packed in every room and what’s in each individual box, then label the outside of the boxes by room for the movers to see. This ensures that nothing goes missing and you know exactly where your favorite stapler is.
5. Keep calm, and move on. Situations are bound to arise but if you stay relaxed and keep an open line of communication, you can overcome even the most stressful of moving days. You’ve done the planning and carefully organized every step of the way, now all you have to do is enjoy a fresh start in your new digs.
What situations have you faced while relocating your business? Let us know on our LinkedIn page! If you have any questions regarding Arizona commercial property for lease, direct them to Camroad Properties and don’t forget to check out our blog for more tips and advice on office culture!
WRITTEN BY: Portia Dempsey