After you find the perfect location and the AZ commercial lease has been signed, it is time to start thinking about the office move. As experts in commercial lease Arizona, Camroad Properties is here to give you 6 quick moving tips that will make this hectic time easy and manageable.
1. Create a checklist. The best way to keep track of your goals during move-in is to create a detailed checklist. Your checklist should include everything from a supply list to delivery schedules. The more specific and detailed you make your to-do list the easier the overall process will be.
2. Pack smart. Plan your strategy when packing up the old office to create an effortless transition. Group your materials in a logical way so they can be easily unpacked and to ensure that nothing gets lost. During this time you can add necessary items to the to-do list that may be needed for the new office. If you need help packing everything up, remember your employees can assist with moving management or you can outsource to professionals.
3. Check with your landlord. Communicate with your landlord about move-in. Know when you can get your key and officially move into the space. Get all logistics regarding utilities and maintenance handled before the official move-in day. If something must be repaired, communicate this to your landlord during the final walk-thru beforehand.
4. Schedule deliveries. Once you have a move-in date established, try to have all new office equipment and supplies delivered on the same day. If you can, get the telecoms, IT or Wi-Fi set up before your computers are delivered so you can eliminate technical difficulties. This is a simple way to get everything set up in a timely fashion and eliminates downtime to your business reopening.
5. Ask for help. You don’t have to get everything done by yourself. Reach out to your employees during this complicated time so your business can open as soon as possible. You don’t want productivity to suffer. This is also a great way to get your employees excited about their new workspace.
6. Plan a reopening celebration. Try to have your move-in completed within two days. Once everything in your new space is set up you should show it off. Promote and plan for your reopening and allow your clients and customers to come check out your new space. To make sure they know your business has moved, send out an email blast or postcard that shows off photos of your new location.
For a more information on creating a detailed long-term plan, check out our 12-month move-in guide on the blog! For the latest in AZ commercial lease, contact a Camroad commercial lease Arizona representative today!