The beginning of the year is traditionally the time for making personal resolutions for the New Year, but why not make them for your business as well? If you are looking to reduce expenses for your office space in Arizona, consider these economically savvy tips to begin the year with a fresh start:
1. Reduce unnecessary power expenditures by turning off unused lights and power strips at the end of the day. Many people don’t consider turning off their computers when not in use but this can reduce expenses significantly. Consider installing motion-sensitive lights in bathrooms and other public areas.
2. Go paperless. You can store documents in the cloud or on hard drives, sign contracts electronically, and save on paper, ink, and printers.
3. Hire temporary staff. Using part time staff to perform the more basic or seasonal office duties will help avoid the overhead costs of more permanent employees.
4. Hire an accountant. It may seem counterintuitive to spend more money hiring an accountant or tax professional but having a professional doing your bookkeeping will bring you peace of mind and save you money. A professional accountant will be much more likely to catch deductions that you might have overlooked.
5. Sign up for rewards or discount programs with your vendors. Ordering larger quantity stock for office items can often pay off with earned discounts.
6. Consider eliminating phones altogether. With services like Google Voice and Skype, spending a substantial amount for phone services doesn’t always make sense for specific industries. With mobile app versions of both available, you can stay connected even when you step out of your Arizona commercial office.
7. Reduce travel costs to match your budget. Consider Skype, Google Hangout or web conference platforms like WebEx instead of traveling across country for a face-to-face meeting.
8. Evaluate your needs. Take a good look around your office and ask yourself what things do you really need and what could you stand to get rid of.
9. Find the perfect office space in Arizona. Does your location make financial sense? Do you need more space or could you work with less? Answering these questions and finding the right office space for your business could save you down the road.
Reducing your office expenses can be an easy resolution if you take some of these simple steps into consideration. Remember, make a plan and commit to it to avoid breaking resolutions and continuing with old habits.