Why let the scorching AZ heat beat you down when you can bring the summer fun into your Phoenix office space? We put together a list of five creative summer ideas for your office space for lease. Phoenix heat can make the workday feel never-ending and unbearable, so the more you can do to promote positive employee morale the easier it will be to get through the draining Phoenix temperatures.
1. Organize weekly employee group fitness classes. There is nothing more stressful than being trapped inside an office and bombarded with work while temperatures soar outside your Phoenix office space. By offering one group fitness class per week for employees within the office, workplace tension can be greatly reduced while providing a social and positive environment to relax. A weekly yoga or kickboxing session would be an efficient solution to increase productivity and motivation in the office during the hot summer months. What’s a better way to increase workplace positivity than a little “Namaste”?
2. Organize onsite skill development courses. Over the years of providing top office space for lease Phoenix, we have found that incentivizing an employee’s time in the office can lead to huge levels of workplace motivation. Onsite skill development courses encourage employees to improve their skillset and become more productive within the office. Offering these courses in the office will save time and increase convenience of traveling in the draining Phoenix heat for employees. Not only does this option beat the heat, but it also improves success within your Phoenix office space.
3. Give your employees some free Fridays. It is always a challenge to get yourself out of your cool, air-conditioned home and to work each morning. But what if you could give employees the option to switch from five 8-hour workdays to four 10-hour workdays during the summer months? With work-related stress constantly on the rise, employers need to help employees strike an effective work-life balance. There is nothing that keeps employees more motivated and productive than starting the weekend early. The flexibility of scheduling boosts employee morale by giving opportunities to avoid the Phoenix summer commute.
4. Go out for company happy hours. There comes a time when every employee needs a break to escape from long meetings, detailed reports, and warming office environments, but what is the perfect way to “get away”? Try incorporating bi-weekly or monthly happy hour events for all employees in your office. Find that perfect restaurant or wine bar that fits your workplace culture and give employees an hour to forget about work and bond as a team. A happy and stress-free workplace will be determined to succeed.
5. Host an office dessert potluck. What’s a better way to keep cool and add some fun in the office than with some ice cream or dessert? By hosting an office dessert potluck, employees can take a break from their busy workloads and wind down by socializing with their coworkers without having to leave the air-conditioned office. Whether it is homemade ice cream sandwiches, hot fudge sundaes, or even root beer floats, these dessert potlucks give employees a chance to clear their heads while promoting an interactive office environment.
Who ever said you need to suffer from the boredom and heat of summer in your Phoenix office space? Do you really need to let employee morale in the workplace dwindle as the temperatures rise? Use these tips and more on our blog to make your office a little more entertaining and relaxing this summer.
Image by: Tobin