It’s important to create a cohesive work environment in your Tempe office space. Allowing your employees to bond over fun work activities will increase team building and overall company morale. Here are 5 team building ideas that will promote employee satisfaction throughout your office space in Tempe.
1. Fitness and Sports Activities. Establish a company softball team so your employees can develop teamwork inside and outside of the office. A company team is a creative way to get outside and enjoy the sun. If you are unable to start the team, you can always give your employees the option to do so and offer to fund the team as a sponsor. Or if your employees would rather participate in a marathon or local 5k instead, you can organize a company team run.
2. Bi-Monthly Bonding Lunch. The best way to bond is over food. Bring your employees together for a bi-monthly lunch courtesy of the company. You can support other local businesses as well as get to know your fellow employees on a more personal level. It will give them something to look forward to twice a month and who doesn’t like free food?
3. Professional Development Opportunities. Provide your employees with the opportunity to attend conferences and widen their knowledge for your business. Transporting employees to an offsite training workshop or conference fosters both learning and provides bonding in a different environment.
4. Plan a Company Outing. Take a company field trip! Visit your local zoo, art museum, or aquarium as a group. Spend a day away from your Tempe office space to explore some of the nearby tourist spots. This will provide employees with new learning opportunities and experiences. It’s always interesting to get to know more about the community you work in.
5. Let Your Employees Decide. Maybe the best way to help your employees bond is to let them decide on the company activities. Hold a half-yearly meeting to decide which activities they want to participate in. Giving them a voice will improve morale, and they are more likely to enjoy something they have chosen instead of a mandatory activity.
Integrate some of these ideas into your Tempe office space to enhance the work environment and increase overall employee happiness. In the end, happy workers are more productive which is better for the employees and employer.