Football season is well underway and the pumpkin spice lattes are flowing, which is a solid indicator that fall is officially upon us. Once Halloween is over it’s time to switch gears into a season of giving and thankfulness. If fall has descended on your office space in AZ, that means it’s time to start planning how you’re going to celebrate Thanksgiving!
Thanksgiving is not only a time to give thanks to those around and count your blessings, it’s also the unofficial kickoff to the holiday season. Don’t be a Scrooge this Thanksgiving, celebrate in a way that your Arizona office space will actually enjoy with these five tips:
1. Have an office-wide potluck. Let’s be honest, the best part of Thanksgiving is the food. Invite your Arizona office space to get involved in a potluck feast as a trial run for Thanksgiving dinner. Having the turkey catered will alleviate stress and the weight of responsibility, so have your employees bring their favorite side dishes and desserts.
2. Host a pie cook-off! Every Turkey Day feast needs a pie. For your potluck encourage employees to bake their best pie and hold a tasting contest to determine the crowd favorite. Award a prize to the winner, and promise redemption next year to the losers.
3. Write down your thanks. Ask your employees to anonymously write down what they are thankful for, then read the answers aloud at your company feast. It’s easy to take the little things for granted, writing it down is a great way to stop and reflect on all the positive aspects of life. An additional festive touch (and a way to remind your employees that you’re thankful for their hard work and dedication) is to hand-write thank you notes and deliver them personally.
4. Work up an appetite. A little knowledge can go a long way. Offer your professional expertise by teaching a class to local businesses and residents. If your line of work isn’t pertinent to the audience, then feel free to change it up. Hold a mock interview workshop for those trying to re-enter the workforce, perform a magic show at a children’s hospital, or teach a dance class at the local senior center. The important thing is that you’re spending time enriching other people’s lives as well as your own.
5. Give back together. Take a half day, round up your whole Arizona office space and go volunteer at a soup kitchen or local nonprofit organization. This is an opportunity to give back to the local community and help those less fortunate. Doing something for others is a great way to inspire a feeling of thanks in your hearts too.
In what unique ways does your office celebrate Thanksgiving? Tell us on our LinkedIn page! If you have any questions regarding an office space in AZ, direct them to Camroad Properties. Check out our blog for more tips and advice on office culture!
Image source: https://www.pexels.com/photo/lunch-table-salad-5876/
WRITTEN BY: Portia Dempsey