When beginning the search for Arizona office space for lease, there are many things that a business should consider. Moving a business is a significant commitment of time and resources for any company, and it is important to find the perfect Arizona commercial property for lease before singing an agreement.
1. What lease terms are we willing and able to commit to? Many commercial property leases are signed for three to five years. It is important to have an idea of what length of lease is appropriate.
2. Is our company going to be expanding or downsizing soon? Because commercial leases are often signed for long periods of time, business owners should consider the future of their business while searching for the perfect space. Not only does the office need to fit the company size right now, but also it will have to fit the company size in five years.
3. What amenities are important to our business in an office building? Consider what would make the office space comfortable for employees. Critical amenities might include covered parking, a gym, or a cafeteria. Take the time to talk to employees about their needs.
4. Will our new space fit our brand message? Clients and vendors can interpret a lot from the office space of a business. It is important to make sure the new office space reflects the company brand and values. Consider this before signing a lease in a trendy neighborhood or a unique space.
5. Where are we accessible to our current employees? Many employees move into houses or areas of town that are close to where they work. When a business moves across town or into a new city, it can have a drastic impact on employees’ commute. Reflect on where key employees live, and understand the effect that a move may have on them.
6. What can we afford? Moving is a very expensive undertaking and a business should study all of the financial demands of moving. Unexpected costs may include a fee for breaking the lease break at your current location, broker payments, hiring a moving company, and updated marketing collateral and business cards with a new address.
7. What is nearby? If employees travel a lot for business, it might make sense to find a location near the airport. It will also make sense to be near the places where your employees need to be. For example, it might benefit a law firm to be near the courts or judicial offices. Also contemplate moving near important clients, hotels, or restaurants where meetings frequently occur.
When looking for Arizona office space for lease, it is important for businesses to find the right space. By keeping these seven tips in during the search, a business can quickly find the picture-perfect space to fit their needs. For more information on Arizona commercial property for lease, contact Camroad Properties.
Photo By: Shannonsl
Written by: Savannah Ivanitski